Monday, June 2, 2014

She is a social thing

 Hoot had several social outings this week.  Still, when she sees people she can not resist saying hi.

She got to go visit my clients this week.  She was awesome, I was pleasantly surprised.  I expected a little hooligan and repeated apologies on my way out of the office. 

We visited everyone for a little bit and then when I settled down to work she chewed on her bully stick and then fell asleep for several hours.  Of course she had to be the typical border collie and curl up in the legs of my chair.




Tangled in my chair

We also went to an outdoor mall that is VERY dog friendly.  Hoot got to go into several stores, but Eddie Bauer was her favorite.  They spent a ton of time playing with her and loving on her. 

In shaping this week, we  put "feet" on command.  She has to put her back feet on the object in front of me.  Also, we put her back up "back" on command.  Lastly we put "lay down" on command. 

Lay down and sit are both hand signals as well.  When the dogs are off lead and can't hear me (trucks, wind, whatever) I use the hand signals to keep them where they are.

We worked on putting all four feet inside of objects.  Sit at a distance.  For that I ask her to go "back" and then ask her to "sit".  Our distance is probably about 5 feet now.

Recalls are a constant training item.  Right now they are good.

When I take inventory of what we do in a week I am honestly surprise at how much material we can get through in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment