Thursday, May 29, 2014

Seriously Fun

I can't even express how much I am enjoying this puppy.  She carries something with her at all times that just makes me laugh and smile.  I am going to have to be careful because I could let her slide on discipline because she is so frickin' cute.  It is hard to draw the line when you are laughing hard.






We had a fun shaping session this morning, this pup wakes up to work.  She now has an awareness of her back feet.  Last night and this morning we worked on putting her feet on a balance disc. 

In shaping sessions at this age it is always a negotiation of what the trick will  be in the end.  Last night Hoot decided that she would put a front and back foot on the disc (I was aiming for 2 back feet), I went with it because it is all good.  This morning however, she did give me the back feet!  Good girly.  The two totally awesome things about the session this morning beside reaching the goal of two back feet was:

 1) Tip and Tangle where right there begging (the distraction factor, not the begging was good).  Hoot was not phased by it at all.  Fed all three, Hoot was being shaped and the other two were being props for me.  She has an amazing ability to focus for this age.

2) After I ended the first session and played for a little bit, Hoot offered the back feet again.  I love it when my dogs offer/invite me to work with them.  Really good for an 11 week old, she wasn't done working, she wanted more.  Yep, she was probably hungry, but like I said, it is all good at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment