Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Puppy Table Games

Hoot is telling me that she is ready for more!  Her play is getting more vicious and mischievous and I am beginning to see that look of "what are you going to do about this?". A bored border collie is a bad border collie!

Her nickname is now Hoot-a-vicious instead of Hoot-a-licious.

This morning I decided to play puppy table games with her.  This isn't really about training the table for me,  but it does build a love for the obstacle.  Really it begins to introduce two things 1) shaping without food 2) there might be some rules in order to play (get her thinking). 

This is our second session playing this game and the puppies catch on really quick as to what makes that toy fun again.



Tangle loved this game.  I never really "trained" the table with him.  This game just kept progressing to the point that I would restrain him about 20 feet away and he would run onto the table to tug.  Tangle still has a great table.

Yesterday Hoot learned the word "back" for her back-up and can do it for food or a toy.  She also went out to eat with us and enjoyed getting all the kids to play with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment