Sunday, May 4, 2014

She's a keeper (but I already knew that)!

I have had Hoot for a week now and she has had so many life experiences.  Visiting kids at college, agility class, a USDAA Regional, wondering the backyard in discovery of new things.  She loves it all.

This little girl has such resilience.  I took her to a USDAA Regional.  She got to meet a ton of people ('cause everyone holds the puppy), many dogs, several puppies and a judge stole her.  In each of encounters with people she was happy, tail wagging and nose chewing.  With each of her encounters with dogs she was confident, thought for a moment, gave the proper signals and ending up playing with almost all of them.  Never once did she retreat or give up trying to figure something out.  I am impressed.

The sounds didn't bother her, nor all the dogs barking, she was solid.


It is really fun.  At a week you hardly know your puppy.  With each new experience she learns from,  you learn too.  All of this information is great so I can better know the type of dog I am training and shape her lessons appropriately.

Trick of the day:
She learned to put all 4 paws on a pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment