Sunday, May 25, 2014

The rhythm of life

It has been 4 weeks that Hoot has been with us now.

I noticed today as I was going about my morning routine that she has learned the rhythm of the household. Every house has it, it is what you *tend* to do everyday. My whole pack has it down and falls right into the rhythm.

After we get up in the morning and have at least a moderate amount of caffeine in our blood, we, actually I start to bring chaos to the morning. I generally go jogging with the dogs and then we work out a bit, either agility, shaping, something to make me laugh and the dogs to have fun.

Intense

Then, on work days, I settle into my office chair for a long duration of sitting, programming, and focusing.  I take a few breaks during the day, but generally speaking no fun reigns on the house again until after work hours.

Hoot has figured this out and has started to adapt to that rhythm.  She is a wild little thing in the morning, biting, running, and playing.  She loves the walks and groves on the tricks.  Then, she looses her energy, settles into a slumber in the xpen for MOST of the work day.  Right now she makes it until about 3 pm without asking for more activity.


In the evening there is NO peace until bedtime.  She is like a 2 year old and just gets more wound, playing, biting, picking on the other dogs, harassing the cat, etc.... We have our constructive training moments, but she is all energy!

This routine works for us, or at least me.  I can get my work done, do what I do to get paid to do, but then the dogs pull me away from serious life to do something fun again.

Red Rocks Park

On the social front I have found a new favorite place to socialize dogs.  Red Rock Amphitheater.  Lots of joggers, bikers, tourists, etc...but mostly people, kids and dogs who are willing to take a moment to say hello.  There are steps, trails, rocks, puddles, mud, all sorts of things to get acquainted with.  And best of all, it is 10 minutes from my house!

The amphitheater

No comments:

Post a Comment