Monday, July 7, 2014

Hoot for the win!

Hoot is now 4 months (18.5 weeks). Not sure what she weighs, but we measured her this weekend and we think she is just under 18".  Bets are all over the place as to whether she will be tall (above 20") or short (somewhere in the 19's).  Doesn't matter to me at all, just want her strong and healthy!!

One thing that everyone agrees on is that she is confident and pushy.  I agree, but again, not concerned.  I have lived and learned to thrive with one "pushy bitch" and Hoot is more biddable than Tip.  I like confidence in my pets and my people!

I love my little pushy girl.  She is awesome!

Here is a video I took yesterday.  This is Tip and Hoot playing tug.  Hoot wins!




Foundation skills:
We are working on sitting at the door.  She is getting fairly good at this, but takes a lot of control for her.  Sitting at the agility gate with the other dogs takes even more control, but she is getting it.

Meal time - she is a rock star in finding her bed (which is in the xpen) and sitting for release to eat.

Wobble board - first attempt she wasn't sure about it, so I CnT her on it.  Second session was like she had loved it her whole life.  Rock Star!

Lie down at a distance - she is getting fairly solid with this skill.  If there are no distractions she rocks it.  If I am working all the dogs at once she does it, but you can tell she is really deciding if it is in her best interest.

Shadow handling - again, Rock Star!  She follows my motion (when walking) like an expert.  We have RC, FC, Pulls down.

Send to a tunnel - she is funny, LOVES tunnels. Will go from tunnel to tunnel on the field, however she doesn't have the handler motion (at speed) thing down so when you combine my motion and her's, the skill isn't very smooth.

Shaping - working on coming between my legs, getting into small boxes, back feet, standing up on her two back feet

Next steps
Shadow handling at a faster pace, sending to tunnels, and continued shaping.  Every week life skills are always reinforced.

No comments:

Post a Comment